Sarcopenia is the loss of skeletal muscle mass that accompanies aging. Studies indicate that the loss of skeletal muscle for the average healthy person amounts to about 25% between 30 and 70 years of age. This loss can accelerate as aging progresses.
Preventing and reversing muscle loss is key. Benefits of having muscle include:
• Enhances endurance and stamina
• Improves performance in sports and activities (yoga, Pilates, hiking, etc.)
• Increases metabolism
• Builds resistance to Injury
• Reduces body fat composition
• Reduces back and neck pain
The need for strength training and muscle mass is imperative to our health.